Re: [LUG] Er.. Any C64 fans out there?

On Fri, 14 Jan 2011, Rob Beard wrote:

"Gordon Henderson" <gordon+dcglug@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

http://www.commodoreusa.net/CUSA_C64.aspx

The page isn't loading properly for me, but am I right in thinking it's a PC in a keyboard rather than a Commodore 64 compatible?

Yes - which boots into a C64 emulator. (But you can boot it into anything PCish)

If it's the one I'm thinking of, some company has licensed the Commodore name and is milking it for what they can.

Shame really as I'd happily go out and buy a reasonably costing C64 clone (by reasonable I mean no more than about 30 quid, which I guess unless it's a bulk manufactured item like the C64 clone in a joystick.

Rob -- Sent from my ZX Spectrum

Haha.. I once wrote a bit-banging rs232 driver for a spectrum. In assembler. The only thing I've ever done on them. Nasty bit of work that Z80... (cue CPU wars - the 6502 was better ;-)

Gordon