Re: [LUG] PayPal alternatives

On 12/01/11 15:54, Henry Bremridge wrote:
On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 03:20:51PM +0000, tom wrote:
I'd be interested in any results you get. I can see no real reason
why we cant move money around electronically for 0.1% or 1p per
transaction (whichever is larger) safely. I'd love to have seen the
post office set up a transactions system between accounts  which
only ever remain in credit. Could have saved the post office and a
million small business' Money is meant to enable commerce not steal
from it.
Electronic transfers through the "faster payments service" is free from
some banks. In a quick google, Bank of Scotland charge 45p. Co-op is free,
HSBC is free. Northern Rock I think is also free

For the mechanism
http://www.ukpayments.org.uk/faster_payments_service/value_limits/
http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/consumerinformation/product_news/banking/know_your_rights/payments/index.shtml

I dont think you can call them like paypal though - through an e-shop setup ?CMIIW
Tom te tom te tom