[LUG] PayPal alternatives

After the recent Wikileaks activity, wish to switch a small system I
wrote to someone other than Paypal.

I need a simple subscription/recharging model.

Currently it bills people for a year, and PayPal emails then a
cancellation option when the next year is due. Either way I need
positive notification when the service is cancelled, or a simple option
to cancel repeat payments.

Need to take payment from as many english speaking countries as possible
(at least UK and US).

Sums involved are minimal, so I need almost no set-up fee.

Per transaction fee up to 50p or 10% are fine, given typical transaction
is Â5.

I've drawn up a list of vendors who might do (and misplaced it), so
until I find it can anyone recommend a suitable payment provider.

 Simon