Re: [LUG] Suggestion for a workshop - how to achieve a great Linux install

On Wed, 17 Nov 2010, Vivi Griffin wrote:

On current numbers who have shown interest in this suggestion, I would be
happy to host a small workshop at my house (Moretonhampstead). The advantage
of this is that there will be no additional costs or issues over the
broadband connection. It is a bit difficult for me before Christmas so, I
thought January might be OK. It would also means that people who come can
bring their new gadgets that they got for Christmas!

Therefore, I thought I would suggest some possible dates. For the dates I
have mentioned, I don't mind day time or evening - please let me know
definitely who is interested & which dates / times you prefer. I will then
(hopefully) be able to confirm a time / date that suits all.

*
Possible Dates In January*

8th or 9th Jan (Sat / Sun)

11th or 12th or 13th Jan (Tues / Wedns / Thurs)

18th / 19th Jan (Tues / Wedns)

29th or 30th Jan (Sat / Sun)

Well I'll come along - I don't live that far away, so it's easy... Always good to see how someone else does it... However you've given us too much choice :)

Best if you just pick a date and say "that's it" and be done with it.

I can't make the weekend of the 8/9th - midweek is generally OK though.

I'm not anticipating getting new gadgets for xmas though... (Well, not computer related)

Gordon