Re: [LUG] Suggestion for a workshop - how to achieve a great Linux install

On 18/11/10 19:36, Gordon Henderson wrote:
On Wed, 17 Nov 2010, Vivi Griffin wrote:

On current numbers who have shown interest in this suggestion, I would be happy to host a small workshop at my house (Moretonhampstead). The advantage
of this is that there will be no additional costs or issues over the
broadband connection. It is a bit difficult for me before Christmas so, I thought January might be OK. It would also means that people who come can
bring their new gadgets that they got for Christmas!

Therefore, I thought I would suggest some possible dates. For the dates I
have mentioned, I don't mind day time or evening - please let me know
definitely who is interested & which dates / times you prefer. I will then
(hopefully) be able to confirm a time / date that suits all.

*
Possible Dates In January*

8th or 9th Jan (Sat / Sun)

11th or 12th or 13th Jan (Tues / Wedns / Thurs)

18th / 19th Jan (Tues / Wedns)

29th or 30th Jan (Sat / Sun)

Well I'll come along - I don't live that far away, so it's easy... Always good to see how someone else does it... However you've given us too much choice :)

Best if you just pick a date and say "that's it" and be done with it.

I can't make the weekend of the 8/9th - midweek is generally OK though.

I'm not anticipating getting new gadgets for xmas though... (Well, not computer related)

Gordon

Gordon .... you disappoint me ... surely you don't buy gadgets .... you MAKE them ..... ;-)

Tom.