Re: [LUG] Wifi printer

 On 12/08/2010 14:28, Rob Beard wrote:
On 12/08/10 11:00, tom wrote:

Printers are for print companies - not for consumers!

That is true, the cost of cartridges from all the vendors seems to be pretty expensive. I can't remember which manufacturer recently advertised their printer as being the cheapest one available, if I remember I'll post it to the list. Might actually be Lexmark (who have traditionally been really expensive for cartridges).
The Gadget Show this week did a comparison and Kodak came out best for quality and cheapest prints. Having said that, I use a CISS[1] for my Epson R200 which means I bought roughly £1800 worth of ink at OEM prices for £45 in 6 x 500ml bottles. Now that's cheap.

Julian

[1] Continous Ink Supply System.