[ Date Index ]
[ Thread Index ]
[ <= Previous by date /
[ Next by date /
thread => ]
Re: [LUG] Fwd: UK 'misled' on broadband speeds
- To: list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [LUG] Fwd: UK 'misled' on broadband speeds
- From: Terry Hill <telbonic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2010 23:51:00 +0100
- Delivered-to: dclug@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=googlemail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:received:in-reply-to :references:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=0tSppQXUu/ySZ/jQ5hxa5wFaepVw1tb8a7sY/UJfWpo=; b=tHOJ/acMDPY23sSOfo+2AFE4UQNESMiusk6hOtpefd2qr6JKhrET67YLi6wOIEqgtZ DL3yppc/rsTtFFqZLO5vJg9jF+aPD0n1TmEiw8ZDBRjwiY19NKYEl/l3W+TLK8TZgdiv rrFJDtbdggBufSK3o51bcQ3DXv+Oq/fO3vYpM=
On 28 July 2010 21:17, Rob Beard <rob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
I wonder what happened to the Pipex folk.... first on Pipex, then Tiscali took over, then Talktalk have bought Tiscali.
On 28/07/10 19:41, Mark Evans wrote:
On 28/07/10 18:15, Gordon Henderson wrote:
OK. The trouble is that you're with a crap provider. (or you were) Demon
is just a name - it's a trading name for Cable & Wireless who bought
Thus who bought Demon some years ago. Do some googling, you'll find that
their service isn't what it once was.
When this happens you can end up with the situation of old and new
customers effectivly having different providers. With old customers
not all being migrated at once, possibly not ever...
Ahh Pipex.. I remember when all they seemed to do was provide connectivity and were bloody good at it. Then the website changed and they started offering a point gathering reward scheme complete with grinning twenty-something models holding bottles of wine..
The Mailing List for the Devon & Cornwall LUG