Re: [LUG] debian code names

On 16/07/10 15:54, Gordon Henderson wrote:
On Fri, 16 Jul 2010, Paul Sutton wrote:

Myself and Neil stone (I think) were looking at if it would be possible
to install woody or something around woody, then do an update thing to
the next release up to the current stable release., just as a bit of fun.

<snip>

Personally, I'd not bother unless you're bored one afternoon...

Gordon

Not really how I'd want to spend my afternoon :-)

Okay that's coming from someone who tried to learn Z80 assembler on an Amstrad CPC emulator.

What I would like to do something is investigate multi-seat X, that is having two monitors, two keyboards and two mice (and maybe two soundcards) attached to one machine and creating two 'independent' desktops which can be used (kind of in a way like LTSP but with only one machine and no server).

I've been looking into it but I've had so much on my plate and a lack of space and hardware that I haven't really done much about it. I did try and get it working a couple of years back but had no joy. However maybe if a few of us got together one day with some hardware we could possibly get something up and running. Something like this could possibly be a great way of using resources, such as when a reasonable spec (say Athlon XP, Athlon 64, Pentium 4) PC is donated to somewhere we could turn the one machine into two machines.

Rob