Re: [LUG] debian code names

On Fri, 16 Jul 2010, Paul Sutton wrote:

Myself and Neil stone (I think) were looking at if it would be possible
to install woody or something around woody, then do an update thing to
the next release up to the current stable release.,  just as a bit of fun.

I guess if there are no repositories for etch then this may not be possible.

they're still there, and I still have a server running Woody (and two
running Sarge too) as well as a couple on Etch.

  $ cat /etc/debian_version
  3.0

  $ cat /etc/apt/sources.list
  deb http://archive.debian.org/ woody main non-free contrib
  deb http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US woody/non-US main contrib non-free

I might even have a Woody installation CD somewhere, but I've a funny feeling I chucked it out recently.

Personally, I'd not bother unless you're bored one afternoon...

Gordon