Re: [LUG] meeting today

On Sat, 2010-06-19 at 20:34 +0100, Paul Sutton wrote:
> Hi
>
> Thanks to everyone who made it today,  I think the meeting went very
> well,  got open office installed to replace MS office 07 on a netbook,
> not quite an Linux install but its free software nevertheless.
>
> Tom was sorting out guy's laptop (what was the outcome of that)
>
> starting chatting about what was on a brief agenda, this will need
> another meeting to discuss further but its a start.
>
> not sure where the next meet is going to be,  i guess first saturday of
> July. So that works out as Saturday July 3rd (2 weeks away),  I will
> start a new thread to discuss location.
>
> Paul

How right you were Tom:

" . . . Its good to know you are still satisfied (with Ubuntu), and that
you have plucked up the courage to join the mail list (your mail box
will not know what hit it!)"

As for pixma printing, got home and gave it a try, can't remember the
exact dialogue box that came up but basically couldn't print so in
frustration closed it down and went away.  Decided later to try
installing printer software from Canon CD so fired up Ubuntu with
printer connected  put in disc and within a couple seconds printer went
crazy and printed everything in the print queue? proceeded to print a
couple of other items and everything worked just fine!

Guy