Re: [LUG] PHP, Perl, server securing, etc.

On 24 June 2010 10:34, Gordon Henderson <gordon+dcglug@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Sure - but this is specifically targetted at Linux (although as I've since
> foud out, this particular attack is aimed directly at phpList - so the
> atackers have put some effort into it!)
> The (binary) code is specifically compiled for i386 Linux and statically
> linked. It's really unlikely to run on anything else.

Oh.. that probably rules out OS X and CYGwin, but most BSD and
commercial unix still run on i386 backward compatible h/ware and have
elf compatibility and gnu tools and libraries.

..but yes, sounds like they're definately targetting websites running
phpList on linux (probably most installations of it)

A.

--
Aaron J Trevena, BSc Hons
http://www.aarontrevena.co.uk