Re: [LUG] LUG funds

On 19/06/10 11:14, Neil Williams wrote:

Currently, there are no costs, nor have there been since we started in
1999.

Actually that's not the case. The LUG banner we have which was purchased back in 2008 cost about 50 quid. Simon was involved with the ordering of that as he had some money in a kitty.

It's probably worth mentioning that although not a lot goes on in the LUG, there are some of us who are actively trying to promote Linux and Open Source to the folks in the outside world, just as other LUGs and Open Source groups are doing.

Okay so far it's limited to a LUG meeting in Paignton, one in Holsworthy(?), the couple of events in Penzance and the couple of odd days we've had in Paignton and Exeter but we're at least doing something rather than sitting on the mailing list moaning about putting the world to rights.

Rob