Re: [LUG] LUG funds

On Sat, 19 Jun 2010 10:56:08 +0100
Paul Sutton <zleap@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 19/06/10 10:23, Neil Stone wrote:
> > Who is the best person to talk with regarding an idea for raising
> > funds for the lug
> >
> Right now we have > £12.63
>
> I think we need to decide how best to move ahead,

Which includes a decision about whether the LUG would actually benefit
from funds or whether any monies larger than current would attract
unwanted admin and hassle. We cannot attract sponsors without having an
official accounting method and banking setup and that costs money. Why
bother?

What is the fund meant to do? Why seek funding without a clear idea of
what needs funding?

> perhaps sponsorship
> is a way forward,  come up with an event. find costs and get sponsors
> to help cover costs.

Currently, there are no costs, nor have there been since we started in
1999.

--

Neil Williams