Re: [LUG] Personal finance

On 08/06/2010 11:03, Neil Winchurst wrote:
Thanks for replying. Before gnucash I used Moneydance. It was OK, it
worked fine. However, someone on the list at the time suggested using
gnucash as a program written for Linux, which was also free. I tried it
and liked it.

But, I have already tried Mint Xfce v 7 on my laptop and I find that
kmymoney is easily available, but not gnucash. No doubt I could download
it and install it myself, but I thought I would ask about kmymoney first.

Neil

GNU Cash is in the Ubuntu Universe repository but saying that I'm not sure if you can add the Ubuntu repositories in Mint. You might possibly be able to grab a .deb package from the GNU Cash web site possibly. It might also be worth looking into upgrading to a newer version of Mint. Mint 9 has recently been released and is based on Ubuntu 10.04 so supported for 3 years. I gather Mint is a month or two behind Ubuntu releases so going on this, Mint 7 which is based on Ubuntu 9.04 will probably be supported until October. Saying that it doesn't look like an XFCE version of Mint 9 is available yet, but there is an XFCE version of Mint 8 available which will give you support until April next year.

Rob