Re: [LUG] Personal finance

Rob Beard wrote:

> GNU Cash is in the Ubuntu Universe repository but saying that I'm not
> sure if you can add the Ubuntu repositories in Mint.  You might possibly
> be able to grab a .deb package from the GNU Cash web site possibly.  It
> might also be worth looking into upgrading to a newer version of Mint.
> Mint 9 has recently been released and is based on Ubuntu 10.04 so
> supported for 3 years.  I gather Mint is a month or two behind Ubuntu
> releases so going on this, Mint 7 which is based on Ubuntu 9.04 will
> probably be supported until October.  Saying that it doesn't look like
> an XFCE version of Mint 9 is available yet, but there is an XFCE version
> of Mint 8 available which will give you support until April next year.
>
> Rob

Thanks. I am waiting for the Xfce version of Mint 9 to become available.
Meanwhile I have Mint V7 Xfce on a laptop which I have been using to
learn about both Mint and Xfce. (Mint v9 will be going on to my desktop.
Haven't decided yet what I will do with the laptop.) I found that
kmymoney was available as a straight install in v7, so I installed it
yesterday and I was able to import my gnucash file into it without any
problems. I have been playing with it and comparing it to gnucash. Hence
my original email.

Thanks for your help,

Neil