Re: [LUG] Personal finance

Rob Beard wrote:
> I've only really looked at GNU Cash and that was only briefly, but it
> looked like it had everything that I could need for personal finance.
>
> If you're willing to spend a few quid, other packages to consider are
> MoneyDance (it's Java based AFAIK and works on Windows, Mac and Linux)
> and Home Accountz which I've seen in PC World in Torquay and it also
> does support Linux (they also do a business version again which works on
> Linux).
>
> A free trial of MoneyDance can be downloaded from moneydance.com (the
> full version is £35) or Home Accountz and Business Accountz can be
> downloaded from Accountz.com (Basic Accountz is also about £35, Business
> Accountz starts at about £60).
>
> I haven't used either MoneyDance or Accountz, I've heard about
> MoneyDance (I'm sure it has been mentioned on the list, and I've read a
> review) and just happened to notice Home Accountz in PC World (it's by a
> Cambridge based company).
>
> Hope this helps anyway.
>
> Rob

Thanks for replying. Before gnucash I used Moneydance. It was OK, it
worked fine. However, someone on the list at the time suggested using
gnucash as a program written for Linux, which was also free. I tried it
and liked it.

But, I have already tried Mint Xfce v 7 on my laptop and I find that
kmymoney is easily available, but not gnucash. No doubt I could download
it and install it myself, but I thought I would ask about kmymoney first.

Neil