Re: [LUG] Meeting clarity

On Sat, 2010-05-08 at 13:26 +0100, Rob Beard wrote:

> Hence why DansGuardian is a good idea, it checks the pages as they are
> downloaded.  Porn sites tend to have something embedded in the page so
> content filters such as DansGuardian, NetNanny etc detect the sort of
> content and block them.  DansGuardian also has keyword and URL filters
> too (although I believe the URL filters require lists to be installed,
> some of which are available free for personal use).

Is DansGaurdian fairly simple to whitelist "good" sites on, I prefer the
idea of blacklisting everything, and only whitelisting specific sites.

I shall have a google after the meeting about that, I certainly am not
as happy with Glubble as I once was.

--
John Williams
My linux blog of notes and guides