Re: [LUG] Meeting clarity

On Sat, 2010-05-08 at 09:50 +0100, Neil Winchurst wrote:
> Simon Waters wrote:
> >
> > I know the Holsworthy organizers have done posters, but experience is
> > most attendees are existing mailing list members with the exception of
> > meetings where we done a LOT of inviting of people, and usually had a
> > relevant theme to go with the invites.
> >
> > Always good to remind the list a couple of times in the week before hand
> > of the full details, as even folks with other plans sometimes have those
> > plans fall through at the last minute.
> >

> Yes, I did put some reminder emails on the list this week. And, as you
> say, we have put some posters up in the area. I am hoping for a
> reasonable number today.
>
> Neil

And I sent a further reminder type email yesterday.

I've mentioned it to several people, but I don't really get out much
being a 24/7 carer for the wife. I also have to be a little delicate
around the slight detail that two of my close friends from school happen
to have businesses that repair people wonky Windows installs in
Holsworthy. I can't be too "ruthlesss" and expect to not have some kind
of fall out.

As for numbers today, who knows. I got the rain I wanted this time. One
friend is coming along, another who I was hoping might has to head back
to Wales this afternoon. And Andy from the shop unfortunately has had
something come up so he apologised this morning as he won't make it.

Either way, I am happy to get out of the house once a month and chat to
folks. I have two "mums" from the school that are interested in Linux to
replace their buggered Windows installs, not sure they would be
interested in meetings so much at a later date, but you never know.

In other news, the CD's I did look great, almost professional :]

--
John Williams
My linux blog of notes and guides