Re: [LUG] Lucid Experiences

El lun, 03-05-2010 a las 10:09 +0100, Gordon Henderson escribiÃ:
> [...]
> From the register article:
>
>    Ubuntu founder Mark Shuttleworth wants Ubuntu to beat Apple's OS X on
>    features and interface polish. While Lucid Lynx still has some rough
>    edges, this release is a huge leap for UI design in Linux and puts
>    Ubuntu well on its way to Shuttleworth's goal.
>
> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/04/30/ubuntu_10_04_review/

Marketing :)

I've upgraded Alex's netbook to Lucid from Jaunty (eh, a fresh install),
and I can't see the awesomeness. May be Mac OS X wouldn't surprise me
either.

I can't be objetive though, my $EDITOR of choice is vim.

But there's a point in which Lucid shines: pissing people off*!

Cheers,

Juanjo

* Alex it's the average Jane of Linux users, and she's mad on some of
the UI changes because she can't change some things

--
jjm's home: http://www.usebox.net/jjm/
blackshell: http://blackshell.usebox.net/