Re: [LUG] Lucid Experiences

On Mon, 3 May 2010, Grant Sewell wrote:

On Mon, 3 May 2010 09:36:15 +0100 Roland Tarver wrote:

Do you think they are copying the Mac desktop? I think I read
somewhere that Mark Shuttleworth likes mac's???

I'm not sure it's a question of "copying" anything else - let's face
it, there isn't really that much choice out there... left side or right
side.  I have heard that there is a determination to have more "out of
the box" glitz that OSX.

From the register article:

  Ubuntu founder Mark Shuttleworth wants Ubuntu to beat Apple's OS X on
  features and interface polish. While Lucid Lynx still has some rough
  edges, this release is a huge leap for UI design in Linux and puts
  Ubuntu well on its way to Shuttleworth's goal.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/04/30/ubuntu_10_04_review/

Gordon