Re: [LUG] Lucid Experiences

On Mon, 3 May 2010 09:51:18 +0100
Roland Tarver wrote:

> On Mon, May 3, 2010 at 9:42 AM, Grant Sewell <dcglug@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
> >> Do you think they are copying the Mac desktop? I think I read
> >> somewhere that Mark Shuttleworth likes mac's???
> >
> > I'm not sure it's a question of "copying" anything else - let's face
> > it, there isn't really that much choice out there... left side or
> > right side.
>
> haha! no, I suppose not lol.
>
> > I have heard that there is a determination to have more "out of
> > the box" glitz that OSX.
>
> hmm - not sure if I'll like all that, but we shall see. I may have to
> go on a rampage similar to yours Grant :-p

I quite liked UDE and UWM (Unix Desktop Environment and Unix Window
Manager... not to be confused with CDE the "Common Desktop
Environment") but it got to be a bit of a handful for general use;
really *didn't* like Blackbox, Fluxbox and their brethren; found some
things like Waimaeia (or however it's spelt) quite interesting.  Really
got hooked on Sawfish.

http://xwinman.org is a pretty good site about it.

Grant.