Re: [LUG] Lucid Experiences

Rob Beard wrote:

> I think I'll probably just learn to live with it, I gather that the next
> release has got some other things on the right hand side.

The Ubuntu decision process for this was interesting.

As far as I can see the only public justification for this change is "we
plan to do something with the space on the right in future".

The lead of the design team wanted something different.

The users almost universally when "why?".

It is hard to assess if your dictator is still benevolent if the reasons
they give for their actions amount to "trust me".