Re: [LUG] Lucid Experiences

On Sun, 2010-05-02 at 13:12 +0100, Rob Beard wrote:

> I've tried that with 10.04 Beta 2, but I found that the buttons appear
> to be designed to the left hand side so if you move them about it looks
> wierd.  I guess I could change the theme.

http://subbass.blogspot.com/2010/04/howto-move-window-buttons-back-to.html

On my little blog ;)

For a cut and paste solution:

gconftool-2 --set '/apps/metacity/general/button_layout' --type string
":minimize,maximize,close"

I opted to keep the menu button gone, or use the layout Grant suggested.
The menu is only a right click on the title bar anyways so I didn't feel
the need to keep a button to left click.

You can change the order on the new theme and it does NOT break the
layout, it did in beta, but doesn't now. I had to update my blog post
for that ;)

Note though, that if you change to another theme, then back to Ambiance
and I assume Radiance it will rather handily move your buttons back....
Evil darned !Â^%$"$!"*%'s

> I think I'll probably just learn to live with it, I gather that the next
> release has got some other things on the right hand side.

Looks like another blog post will be covering this then in 6mnoths or a
year ;)

--
John Williams
My linux blog of notes and guides