Re: [LUG] Lucid Experiences

On Sun, 2010-05-02 at 11:38 +0100, tom wrote:
> I've had a couple of problems with Lucid:

> Firefox and NoScript - just clicking on the NoScript icon takes out the
> whole of the X11 session - I've removed NoScript and all seems to be fine.

Clean installed here, didn't keep /home this but have copied over some
limited amount of old configs as I needed, Firefox has no issue with
NoScript here, perhaps something is not liked in your old ~/.mozilla if
you kept it?

> Otherwise it seems to boot PDQ but takes longer to login (seems as
> pointless as MS quick login - it takes the same time to get to work...)

Seems to login in extremely quickly here on 10.04.. Oh wait, that might
be the SSD :P

> Must say I cant see any benefits yet....
But, but... You have the Me Menu, you can broadcast your life!!

I am actually finding that a nuisance tbh, instead of one click on the
Transmission icon to make it appear, I have to click on it, then choose
Show Transmission from the popup menu, sure I can activate the speed
limit from that same menu, but its the same number of clicks as before..
*rolls eyes*

I like Lucid it seems to be a good solid release which as much as I love
Ubuntu cannot always be said. I just cannot understand the thinking in
moving the window buttons, I have not read or heard one single person
say it was a good idea, but plenty are annoyed by it or at least
resigned to "getting used to it" .. </rant>

--
John Williams
My linux blog of notes and guides