Re: [LUG] New router

On 29/04/10 17:40, Neil Winchurst wrote:
Gordon Henderson wrote:
On Thu, 29 Apr 2010, Neil Winchurst wrote:

I have certainly learned a lot from your email. A shame that you are too
far away to come to our next Holsworthy meeting on 8th May. But it would
be a useful topic to discuss.

I don't consider myself to be too far away - and I was going to come to
your last meeting, and I'd probably have come to this one too if you
didn't have it on the same say as the Paignton one.

Gordon

Well, when I was arranging the first meeting someone from the Paignton
meet suggested that we should have it on the same day. I think the idea
was that in the future possibly we could have some sort of link between
the two venues.

Anyway, perhaps it would be better to have them on different days. I
believe that the normal day for Paignton is the first Saturday of each
month, bar bank holidays. Perhaps we should stick with the second
Saturday. That way people who wish could make both.

Neil

Yep this is the problem, it would be nice to have some sort of link up but then you get some people who might want to make it to both but get torn between them (unless they alternate which ones they go to).

Maybe we should look at doing a link up (either via Skype or Ekiga maybe?). Just depends if the broadband at the Shoreline works. Wasn't working at the last meeting I went to but that was going back 2 months, there has been one since which I didn't get to, maybe someone else could comment if it was all okay again?

Rob