Re: [LUG] Ubuntu training for newbies

On 25/04/2010 19:04, james kilty wrote:
On Sat, 2010-04-24 at 12:47 +0100, Paul Sutton wrote:

It would be nice to have an indication on demand for this sort of thing,
  as it seems training or lack there of is a big barrier to the take up
of Linux of any flavour.
I contacted my local adult ed centre a couple of years ago about running
a course. They said they'd have to contact the IT department and I heard
no more. I presume the IT department would not like to have their
Windows machines contaminated with a Linux. So, an educational
opportunity was disallowed by the IT professionals rather than on
educational merit. There is a human rights issue here if I wanted to
pursue it.

James

James,
I suppose the IT guys were not themselves confident in the use of Linux so were not prepared
to run a Linux course.

John W