Re: [LUG] Ubuntu training for newbies

On 24 April 2010 08:39, Roland Tarver <roland.tarver@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Rob,
>
> I do training and would be happy to set up a course for your step-father.
> Unfortunately, as you know, I am quite a way from Teignmouth. However, I
> have friends in Torquay and could organise something there for him, if that
> isn't too far.
>
> If you / he is interested, I would need a list of topics to cover and I
> would need to know the version of Ubuntu that he is using. I would create a
> manual for him for reference, afterwards.
>
> regards
>
> Viv

One of my friends is brand new to linux and has been having typical
problems. He may find this interesting. Any idea on cost?

Best wishes
Roly

--

Hi Roly,

Re cost, it depends on how much training / number of different topics / no of trainees. As a guide, I charge 25.00 for 1.5 hours when providing training on a one to one basis, normally.

However, I am happy to be flexible on fees and would charge less per person for multiple trainees in a group.

I have enough laptops to do a group of 4 people and of course, would be happy for people to bring their own if they have a laptop.

Perhaps I could come up with a suggested list of topics that may be useful for a beginner?

Viv