Re: [LUG] Laptop as a desktop replacement

Simon Robert wrote:

> If you're after replacing a desktop and want to save on space why not
> consider one of the very small PC's that are being put out these days?
> You could look at the Asus EEE Box,
> http://www.itechnews.net/2008/06/10/asus-eee-box-b202-imac-killer/
> (although it might not be powerful enough as it has an atom chip - and
> sorry it's a US site but they are available here).
>
> Or similar types of machine. A small form desktop will give you more
> bangs for your buck and why pay for the portability you don't seem to want.

Thanks, it mainly that I am trying to save space in the room. A laptop,
being all in one, must take up less space than a desktop, however small.
The desktop is still in several separate parts.

> This might be better
>
> http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Asus-EEE-Box-B202-Mini-Desktop-PC-Small-Ready-to-Ship_W0QQitemZ130384710724QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Computing_DesktopPCs?hash=item1e5b88cc44
>

> 1GB RAM, 160GB disk and Â199. There are more powerfully chipped mini
> PC's around, google on "small form PC's" or similar.
>
> Simon
>
> PS. I've just switched my e-mail app to Thunderbird and don't know how
> to write plain text mails. How do I switch HTML off please?

In TB, Edit -> Account Settings -> Composition & Addressing.

Under Composition uncheck the Compose Messages in HTML Format box.

Neil