Re: [LUG] Android on iPhone

On Thu, 22 Apr 2010, Rob Beard wrote:

However in some ways, it's a bit more limiting than my old E90 - the
screen isn't as wide, so it's more like a 60 column display than an 80
column - however that might just be the default font in it's own xterm -
there are some applications that put up text that I can't read even with
my reading glases on... )-:

But it's growing on me :)

Gordon

That's good to hear, I presume you'll be doing a mini talk for us all at the LUG meeting in May? ;-)

Rob (who looks forward to what exciting bits of kit Gordon brings to the LUG meetings)

Er... ;-)

I had my old E90 for 2.5 years. Kept in in good nick too - however a little accident (wifeys fault!) cracked the plastic cover on the front screen a few weeks back which was a reason I started to actively look for a replacement - that and a nice little refund from the VAT people too. So it's actually owned by my business for business use - which is fine as the reality is that I make hardly any personal calls on it these days anyway.

Much as I like "toys" I think I'd struggle to actually justify spending the best part of £500 on myself right now... However it was a toss-up between a new phone and a new camera - I fancied a Pentax DSLR as my old SLR is a Pentax so I still have a collection of nice lenses for them... Film camera for sale, anyone??? ;-)

Gordon
(He who dies with the most toys wins ;-)