Re: [LUG] Firefox 3.6.3/Mandriva

On 15/04/10 10:20, Simon Sanders wrote:
I have just allowed my Mandriva auto-upgrade system to upgrade me to
Firefox 3.6.3 and the video has stopped working. I get a dialog box
headed Codeina that tells me my operating system does not include an
MPEG-4 player and invites me to install a Fluenda DVD player at a
bargain price of EUR 19.99. My Firefox preferences/applications dialog
box tells me that MPEG-4 is handled by my Quicktime plugin 7.2.0. I note
that Fluenda is being sold by Mandriva.

Mandriva is the only distro I can get to run on my creaky old
Dell/Celeron machine. Do I have to get a new computer? Needless to say,
there is no advice available at Mandriva.

Simon Sanders

You should be able to play MPEG4 video with some GStreamer plugins. I'm not really up to scratch with my knowledge of Mandriva but I'd have thought there should be some sort of plugins available. Otherwise you may have a bit more luck adding the MPlayer plugin for Firefox.

Sorry I can't be much more help, but hopefully it might give you some pointers.

Maybe someone on the list using Mandriva (or I believe PCLinuxOS which AFAIK is based on Mandriva) might be able to offer a bit more help.

Rob