Re: [LUG] OT - Alice in Underland ...

On 10/04/10 22:57, Gordon Henderson wrote:

And I've just dug-out my Avatar 3D specs (no, I didn't recycle them..)
And they're identical to the Alice ones - with the "RealD 3D" logos on
them. For some reason I was under the impression that the polarisation
was the other way round for different production companies 3D, but it
doesn't seem so - at least not for these 2 films anyway.

Doing a search on t'internet, it seems that the cameras are provided by Sony and are 4K resolution (so higher than 1080p Full HD). Looks like there seems to be this RealD standard and also Imax 3D.

Shame the Apollo at Paignton didn't show Avatar in 3D - I like it better
than the Vue.

Gordon

I'm sure I read that Kodak are working on a film version which can be used with normal projectors. I guess cinemas like the Apollo (or Central in Torquay where we tend to go) can't afford to upgrade (or justify the cost).

I'm sure eventually though more cinemas will show films in 3D (unless it just ends up being a passing fad).

I guess it also helps sticking to one standard as then once you've bought the glasses you don't have to keep buying extra pairs (as long as you remember to take your 3D glasses with you).

Rob