Re: [LUG] OT - Alice in Underland ...

On Sat, 10 Apr 2010, Max Siegieda wrote:

So those should be polarised glasses, a decent method of creating 3D
effects. For Avatar they take the Nvidia 3D Vision route by using a high
framerate film combined with glasses that act as shutters so each eye sees a
different picture, the latter should be better than the former.

I can assure you that the Avatar I saw at the Plymouth Vue also had polarised glasses.

And I've just dug-out my Avatar 3D specs (no, I didn't recycle them..) And they're identical to the Alice ones - with the "RealD 3D" logos on them. For some reason I was under the impression that the polarisation was the other way round for different production companies 3D, but it doesn't seem so - at least not for these 2 films anyway.

Shame the Apollo at Paignton didn't show Avatar in 3D - I like it better than the Vue.

Gordon

On Sat, Apr 10, 2010 at 9:30 PM, Gordon Henderson
<gordon+dcglug@xxxxxxxxxx<gordon%2Bdcglug@xxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

So I went to see it with wifey after the Paignton meet - really liked it!
Would recomend if if you've not seen it yet.

And it was in 3D - Shot in "Disney Digtal 3D" - the projector had 2 lenses,
one on top of the other.

I'll compare the glasses against the "RealD 3D" ones used in Avatar
later...

Gordon