Re: [LUG] OT - Alice in Underland ...

On 10/04/10 21:30, Gordon Henderson wrote:

So I went to see it with wifey after the Paignton meet - really liked
it! Would recomend if if you've not seen it yet.

And it was in 3D - Shot in "Disney Digtal 3D" - the projector had 2
lenses, one on top of the other.

I'll compare the glasses against the "RealD 3D" ones used in Avatar
later...

Gordon

Are the Real 3D ones yellow and purpley-blue?

I was in Swindon this weekend (crap weekend, long story) and ended up going to the cinema. I was mulling over going to see a film in 3D but I wasn't sure if I could wear the 3D glasses with my normal glasses (or if they had some sort of stick on or clip on lenses). From experience of watching 3D stuff at home, it worked but was uncomfortable with normal glasses (maybe it's a ploy by Specsavers to get everyone who needs glasses to wear contact lenses).

Oh and the price put me off, £2 for the 3D glasses, plus another £1.50 extra to see it in 3D. Would have cost me over a tenner to see the film. In the end I went to see How To Train Your Dragon (in 2D rather than 3D). Was also a good film, I can see how it would look great in 3D, but I'll wait for the Bluray release I think before watching it in 3D.

Rob