Re: [LUG] OT - Alice in Underland ...

On Mon, 12 Apr 2010, Rob Beard wrote:

I'm sure I read that Kodak are working on a film version which can be used with normal projectors. I guess cinemas like the Apollo (or Central in Torquay where we tend to go) can't afford to upgrade (or justify the cost).

You can to it with the red/blue glasses via film - it's not perfect though.

But it seems that the Apollo has bought into it already, so ...

I'm sure eventually though more cinemas will show films in 3D (unless it just ends up being a passing fad).

Who knows...

I guess it also helps sticking to one standard as then once you've bought the glasses you don't have to keep buying extra pairs (as long as you remember to take your 3D glasses with you).

Both the Vue in Plymouth and Apollo in Paignton didn't have "buy glasses" options - nor, a discount if you already had the glasses...

Gordon