Re: [LUG] OT - Alice in Underland ...

Gordon Henderson wrote:
On Sat, 10 Apr 2010, Max Siegieda wrote:

So those should be polarised glasses, a decent method of creating 3D
effects. For Avatar they take the Nvidia 3D Vision route by using a high
framerate film combined with glasses that act as shutters so each eye sees a
different picture, the latter should be better than the former.

I can assure you that the Avatar I saw at the Plymouth Vue also had polarised glasses.

And I've just dug-out my Avatar 3D specs (no, I didn't recycle them..) And they're identical to the Alice ones - with the "RealD 3D" logos on them. For some reason I was under the impression that the polarisation was the other way round for different production companies 3D, but it doesn't seem so - at least not for these 2 films anyway.
I'd heard that Alice was done using 'open' 3d technology. I think they realise that to use several competing proprietary technologies (well stolen as they're all very old really) is too expensive for the producer as well as the consumer.
Seems to be sinking in slowly.
now if they can resurrect Fred Quimby then cinema will be whole again...
Tom te tom te tom