Re: [LUG] SPF and false positives

Martijn Grooten wrote:
We were talking about SPF here a few months ago and since then I have
noticed that a few people post to the list from IP addresses that
don't match the SPF record of their domains.

We forward a lot of email without rewriting envelope sender because we handle email for many websites that are hosted and see almost no issues with delivery.

Because SPF is broken by design, it rejects too much genuine email, so almost no one rejects outright.

Sure it might gain you a few points on SpamAssassin, but heck some of the big email providers accumulate far more points against them in spam assassin simply by being listed in rfc-ignorant.org, and it doesn't cause them enough issues to be bothered to fix it.

 Simon