Re: [LUG] SPF and false positives

On 01/04/2010 09:41, Martijn Grooten wrote:
We were talking about SPF here a few months ago and since then I have
noticed that a few people post to the list from IP addresses that
don't match the SPF record of their domains. Usually the envelope-from
is an address on a personal domain or a webmail account, but the mail
is sent through an ISP. The list software doesn't block but adds a
Received-SPF: (soft)fail header.

Now whatever you do isn't my business, but because I have an interest
in SPF, I wonder if you get away with this: I know many spam filters
add a few points to the spam score for failed SPF, while some MTAs
even block these connections outright.

Martijn.

I'm guessing I fall into the failed category as my domain is hosted by Easyspace but I use my ISP's SMTP server, which is smtp.ntlworld.com

Julian