Re: [LUG] Laptop puzzle

NW wrote:
Dan Dart wrote:
I do have a Fn key on the laptop. I will have a play with it to see what
happens. However the functions keys seem to work without needing the Fn
key pressed. For example I can do Alt-F2 to bring up the launcher.

Thanks

Neil

--
Fn is for the blue or purple functions. You don't need to press Fn for
Function keys.

I will research Fn on Google.

Thanks

Neil

After further research ...

On my laptop (Compaq Presario) there is a Fn key, but no coloured extra
items on any key. After research via Google, there are some extra items
on each of the Function keys. These are called up using the Fn key. As
an example Fn and F5 puts the machine on standby mode.
Normally on a laptop you have a set of keys (on mine UIO are 456) which work either a UuIiOo (in one mode with shift) or 456 with another key (which may or may not toggle) sometime these are set with alt gr or other key, sometimes by the incredibly complicated trick of RTFM for the machine - or as I have done on more than one occasion sticking on another version of Linux that seems to spot the eboard better!
Tom te tom te tom