Re: [LUG] Laptop puzzle

tom wrote:

> Normally on a laptop you have a set of keys (on mine UIO are 456) which
> work either a UuIiOo (in one mode with shift) or 456 with another key
> (which may or may not toggle) sometime these are set with alt gr or
> other key, sometimes by the incredibly complicated trick of RTFM for the
> machine - or as I have done on more than one occasion sticking on
> another version of Linux that seems to spot the eboard better!
> Tom te tom te tom

I know that sometimes on a laptop there are keys which double up as the
equivalent of the numeric keypad. But, don't the relevant keys show the
secondary usage, usually with the extra characters on the keys but in a
different colour?

Anyway, there is nothing like that showing on the keyboard of my laptop.
I was not given the manual so I can't RTFM. I can do some testing or
more research on the internet. However, I am not too worried, I am happy
to use the row of number keys along the top of the keyboard.

At least, something to watch out for if I ever do buy a desktop
replacement laptop.

Regards

Neil