Re: [LUG] OT - is a PC screen HD?

On Sat, 20 Mar 2010 11:38:33 -0000, Rob Beard <rob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Yep certainly is. My TV is a 720p TV but supports 1080i, when I set my PS3 to 1080i it certainly doesn't look as good to me. According to this article 720p is higher quality than 1080i...
I don't think it's appropriate to say that one is higher quality than the other. It's a trade off between time resolution and pixel resolution. 720p is better for fast motion and 1080i is better if you want to see detail. So I would play the playstation at 720p and watch the antiques roadshow at 1080i. Though in reality I don't do either since I am still in analogue land.