Re: [LUG] OT - is a PC screen HD?

tom wrote:
1080 p is 2.1 aspect ratio - all these lovely standards to make sure your screen is legally HD but no media available at that level!
Really?

Output from mplayer...

Playing 1. Megan, Lou and Ellie - Lou's 8th birthday before going for meal.MOV.
libavformat file format detected.
[lavf] Video stream found, -vid 0
[lavf] Audio stream found, -aid 1
VIDEO:  [avc1]  1920x1080  24bpp  29.970 fps

Yep, that's 1080p Full HD (1920x1080) from my HD video camera, shame I haven't got anything to play it at the native resolution. Not bad for a £150 flash based camcorder. Okay not broadcast quality but for home videos it does the job. :-)

Does however mean loads more large files to find homes for, time for a new hard drive me thinks.

Rob