Re: [LUG] OT - is a PC screen HD?

On 14/03/10 18:38, dandart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
If it's greater than 1920x1080, then it's HD, afaik. Any lower and it's
not "Full HD" but it might be "HD Ready".

TV gets really confusing. I've heard claims that HD still works much like PAL in that some of the lines are reserved for extra information (maybe subtitles, teletext, TV guide, etc). If this is true then it's possible that 1680x1050 monitors can actually do 1080p, with 30 lines being this 'unseen' information.

Can anyone confirm/deny this? I know nothing about TV. There's no consensus on the internet either.