Re: [LUG] Hauppage WinTV HVR-900 & Pinnacle PCTV330e

Rob Beard wrote:
> Steven CÃtà wrote:
>>
>>     I'll have a bit more of a play next week, I haven't entirely been
>>     able to get my head round converting the MHz values into something
>>     that needs to be in the scan file.  What is getting me is the bits
>>     after the frequency (the bits between the asterisks which should
>>     appear in bold depending on what mail app you're running)...
>>

>>     T 521833000 8MHz  *2/3 NONE    QAM64   8k 1/32 NONE*
>>     T 530167000 8MHz *AUTO AUTO     AUTO AUTO AUTO NONE*
>>

>> Well, you're probably safe just leaving the AUTO values in, but if you
>> want to get fancy, you can get the values from the url I provided. In
>> the southwest, all the transmitters use the same settings since the
>> digital switch over, so the Beacon Hill scan file should look like the
>> following:
>>
>> T 786167000 8MHz 2/3 1/2 QAM64 8k 1/32 NONE
>> T 730167000 8MHz 2/3 1/2 QAM64 8k 1/32 NONE
>> T 642000000 8MHz 2/3 1/2 QAM64 8k 1/32 NONE
>> T 666000000 8MHz 2/3 1/2 QAM64 8k 1/32 NONE
>> T 714000000 8MHz 2/3 1/2 QAM64 8k 1/32 NONE
>>

>> I'm not entirely certain what the 8MHz and the Guard Interval (the
>> 1/32 value) really mean, but the rest of it comes from the Beacon Hill
>> page (http://www.ukfree.tv/txdetail.php?a=SX857619).
> Great thanks.
>
> I wonder if it might be worth trying to collate the information for the
> Devon & Cornwall transmitters (and maybe even the transmitter in
> Somerset, Mendip?) on the wiki.  I'm forever searching for information
> and can never usually find anything definitive.  We could maybe limit it
> to the big transmitters (Beacon Hill, Stockland Hill, Huntshaw Cross,
> Caradon Hill, Redruth) or possibly expand it to the other relay
> transmitters too (although maybe say that it's not guaranteed that it'll
> work unless someone who knows they are on that particular transmitter
> can test it?).
>
> Rob

Sounds good, perhaps we can use a page on the lug site to collate it,
then once done decide if we can host it elsewhere.

Perhaps also link to information on getting tv devices working, and
which distributions people have got stuff working well in / by ease of
set up for example.

Paul

- --
Paul Sutton
www.zleap.net

Ubuntu 9.10 is out : Visit www.ubuntu.com for details
DCGLUG MEETINGS - Details on www.dcglug.org.uk/drupal6,  - please click
on Group meetings link on right hand side
Aged 11 - 19 then dfey may be for you,  please goto http://www.dfey.org
for more details