Re: [LUG] Win2k updating grub!!! was Re: tomtom on linux

Rob Beard wrote:
tom wrote:
I've just booted into w2k to update the missuses TomTom and, on truning it back into a computer, my machines menu.lst has been reconfigured so w2k is the default boot option!!!!
Has anyone come across this before?
Naughty Naughty!
Tom te tom te tom

Yes, there is an option in Grub to set the last selected OS as the default, so it's nothing to do with Windows 2000, I doubt Windows 2000 even understands what Grub is let alone be able to mount an ext3 partition and edit the Grub menu.lst file.

Rob

Thats what I thought - I do have savedefault in there but I have no idea how it got there. However it doesnt work for the other ones - if I boot into windows it sticks, if I boot into linux and then reboot it boots into windows again.
I'll remove it and (should I ever go near windows again) see what happens!