Re: [LUG] tomtom on linux

Julian Hall wrote:
tom wrote:
anyone know if you can use tomtomhome on linux
Tom te tom te tom@home feeling violated!

According to www.tomtom.com the device itself uses Linux, so I don't see why not. That's nowhere near the same thing as saying yes admittedly. Sadly according to this - http://www.petitiononline.com/tomlinux/petition.html - it appears they don't support Linux. Given my prior experience with their lousy customer disservices department this doesn't surprise me in the slightest.

Julian

It really annoys me that they havent the wit to make a linux update app. And they're paying MS a fortune to use windows as a communication method. Richard Heads! What really annoys me is having to boot into w2k and, to be on the safe side, spend two or three hours updating just so I can transfer a file to the damn thing so the missus can spend 10 minutes before a 5 minute journey programming the damn thing. At least the car warms up!
Tom te tom te tom