Re: [LUG] Install Screen Res

> Are you able to plug in a different monitor to get Ubuntu installed?

For the hell of it I grabbed the monitor off the games pc and tried
the live disk again - this is a hyundai that seems to support pretty
much anything you can throw at it up to about 1280x1024 including a
few wide screen modes like 1440x900.  It also had a problem much to my
surprise, displaying the following:

"Mode not supported H: 93.0 KHZ, V: 58.5 HZ"

The graphics card is an nvidia 7600gs, I'll have a google a sec....hmm
seems a few people have had trouble with installing nvidia drivers for
it, but not turned anything up with the live cd, perhaps it's
something specific to Karmic....ahh here we go:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xserver-xorg-video-nv/+bug/487361

...although I don't get as far as the "Ubuntu is running in
low-graphics mode" stage.