Re: [LUG] Install Screen Res

> I've had occasional issues with NVidia cards, is there any on-board video
> card you can use to install, or do you have another card handy?
>
> Otherwise I'd say your best bet is probably the alternative CD (although
> IIRC you might be able to use one of the F keys on the Ubuntu Live CD boot
> menu to select safe video or VESA mode).

Weirdly it does the same even if you select safe mode.  I googled some
refresh rates, according to this site...

http://www.danielsevo.com/bocg/bocg_screenres.htm

...the H&V refresh rates my monitor reported are kind of close to a
resolution of 2048*1536, which I know the 7600gs is incapable of
displaying.

I had a clear out a while ago and gave all my old graphics cards to
people in the local freecycle group, so no dice there and the
motherboard has nothing built in.

It's no biggie tbh, I have a working install of XP on the machine
which will do for now although it is getting to that slightly flakey
pre-senile stage (eg it was installed about 8 months ago).