Re: [LUG] OT: Smartphone recommendations?

On 17 February 2010 00:23, Simon Williams <simon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Sorry. This is simply not true. I was thinking this should be the case as
> well, until I actually tried to install some apps. 70% of apps complained
> that my phone was incompatible, and the remaining 29.9% just didn't work.

I have several tens of applications on my phone, all work fine, and I
only had to find the S60v3 version.

The only problems I've had is when trying to install something that
ties itself into the OS (for example, the BlackBerry client which is
technically not compatible with my phone - I tried it anyway) and
therefore is very much phone specific.

I did have to sign some applications to get them to install, but that
throws up "certificate error" or "security error" or something if you
don't - it doesn't say it is incompatible.

Shaun