Re: [LUG] flash gps chip

Rob Beard wrote:
Terry Hill wrote:

I'd assumed it was going in a laptop - if not - there's not a lot of point in sweating to get it going, unless Tom's desktop is mounted in a tractor or something :D
I wouldn't put it past him, I could just see it now, powered by his 1kW wind generator. :-D

Rob

OI! you urban hoodies have no concept of how we hippies live.
I was trying to test the card on my desktop - just to see if I could get it working. It should work with gpsd but I cant find any information on how to configure gpsd for it, or indeed to tell it its a flash chip on the usb multi thingy. It should work but I need a bit more info. If anyone has a spare flash/pcmcia converter I could try it in my laptop - those multi-function things dont work with laptops - if you move just one inch your a wiring loom!

As for the wind generator I'm hoping its going up today so maybe some pics soon.
As Bob Monkhouse said:
"They laughed when I told them I wanted to be a comedian! Well they're not laughing now!"
Tom te tom te tom