Re: [LUG] flash gps chip

On 16 February 2010 19:16, Rob Beard <rob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 16/02/2010 12:44, Terry Hill wrote:

It seems to be a bare bones unit with most of the work done within drivers - like one of the dreaded winmodems.  There does seem to be a pcmcia adaptor that fits it though according to the manufacturers site.

Presumably then you'd need to pop it in a laptop with a PC Card/PCMCIA slot or get a PCMCIA adaptor for a desktop PC.

I'd assumed it was going in a laptop - if not - there's not a lot of point in sweating to get it going, unless Tom's desktop is mounted in a tractor or something :D

But a fair point all the same.  I did notice that the manufacturers site has drop downs for linux drivers, even though they have none listed for that device, perhaps dropping them an email might get a positive response - worth a shot I guess.